Skip to main content
Worcester State University


About > Parking > ParkingFAQs  

Web Part Page Title Bar image


Parking Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I'm a night student and on campus only after 4 p.m. Do I need a decal?
A: Yes. All vehicles on campus must display a valid parking decal or pass while parked on campus.

Q: What should I do if my original decal is on a car I sold, or that vehicle is no longer on the road?
A: Resident Students should, if possible, scrape the old decal off your vehicle and bring it to the Office of Residence Life where you'll complete a form to obtain a new decal. You'll be issued a replacement decal at no charge for your next vehicle. Your old decal will be voided in the university's computer system. Commuter students should inquire with the OneCard Office.

Q: My car has a decal, but it's being repaired. Can I borrow someone else's car for a few days and keep that one on campus?
A: Yes, you can keep a borrowed car on campus; however you need to come to the Office of Residence life to obtain a temporary parking pass at no charge if you are a resident student. All other community members need to come to the Parking Clerks Office at the WSU Police Department to obtain a temporary parking pass at no charge. Temporary passes expire on the date printed at bottom of permit.

Q: I don't normally have a car on campus, but I just need to bring one for the week. Can I get a temporary pass?
A: Yes. For resident students who don't have a vehicle with a decal, temporary parking passes can be obtained the Office of Residence Life. These passes are limited and there is no guarantee of approval

Q: My doctor says I can't walk long distances; can I park in handicapped parking?
A: No. Drivers are only allowed to park in handicapped parking if they have handicapped plates or an appropriate handicap permit.

Q: A friend is visiting my residence hall. Can he/she park his/her car on campus?
A: Yes. Visitors are welcome on campus. They must get a day or overnight pass at the WSU Police department or (ISO) Institutional Security Officer in the lobby of Wasylean or Dowden Hall. Guests must be signed into the residence hall in order to get an overnight pass.  The pass will specify which lot to park in. Guests must park in lower lot whilst getting decal or visitor spaces in upper lot.  Students, staff or faculty may not park their vehicles in visitor spaces anywhere on campus.

Q: I can't get to the Parking Clerks Office during business hours for a temporary pass. What should I do?
A: In most cases, the WSU Police Department   can issue you a temporary pass. For decals and multiple day passes, please call the Parking Clerk (8887) or One Card Office (8888) to discuss alternative ways to obtain your decal/pass.

Q: I do not have my decal/ hangtag what should I do?
A: Contact University Police at 508-929-8911 (Recorded line)  They will direct you as to how to park without being ticketed . 

If you have any questions, please contact WSU Parking Clerk at 508-929-8887 or
The Parking Clerk's Office is located in Wasylean Hall - Room 102. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (closed from 1-2 p.m. for lunch)

Related Links

  Parking Home
  Parking Appeal Form
  Visitor Parking Form
DataBridge © WSU, 486 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA 01602
Phone: 508-929-8000