The goal of tutoring is to increase the academic success of students. A student can request tutoring for any course(s) they are enrolled in at Worcester State, except MA 098, MA 099, or any course that the request focuses on writing assistance.
The majority of our tutors are undergraduate students that assist with content, time management, study skills, test taking skills, note taking and stress management.
How it works:
- You must be registered at Worcester State for the course you are looking for tutoring in
- All appointments will be confirmed by email to your WSU email account, no exceptions
- We strive to assign students with 24-48 hours
- This is not always the case. If there is any delay past one week, we will email you
- List as much availability as possible
- The more flexible you are, the easier it is to schedule you with a tutor
- The ASC staff will schedule your initial appointment. Follow-up/Regular appointments are made between you and your tutor
- After 2 missed appointments, all pre-made appointments are canceled and you are required to meet with an ASC staff member before scheduling any new appointments
- Be on time for your appointment
- Be prepared for your appointment
- Our tutors CANNOT assist with any graded work-please don't ask them to
- Complete a Tutor Request Form
For assistance with MA 098 and MA 099, please contact:
Dr. Eileen Perez
Director of the Math Lab
Sullivan, room 143
For assistance with writing, please contact:
Dr. Matthew Ortoleva
Director of the Writing Center
Sullivan, room 306
Administration Building, Room 130
Monday – Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.