Program Application Process
Application to enter the BSOS Program as a first-year student or external transfer student is made through the Admissions Office at the time of application to Worcester State University. Students are encouraged to apply early due to limited enrollment. Current Worcester State University students (internal transfers) who wish to apply for internal transfer into the BSOS Program must submit an application directly to the Occupational Therapy Department by February 1, 2013.
First-year students are admitted on the basis of SAT scores, high school rank, and coursework relevant to the major. External and internal transfer students are considered for admission based on minimum qualifications (overall grade-point-average of a 2.75 and grades of C or better in all prerequisite courses, Anatomy and Physiology I & II, General Psychology) and space availability.
All accepted transfer students are required to complete OT 101 and OT 102 during the summer before progressing onto sophomore level courses in the fall semester.
Any individual who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving an act likely to affect professional practice should meet with the Department Chair prior to applying to the program. Prior incidents may affect eligibility for fieldwork, certification, and employment.
A CORI check and/or drug test is typically required prior to Fieldwork Level I and Level II placement.
• All undergraduate occupational therapy prerequisite and major courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
• Courses must be taken in the prescribed sequence unless an exception is granted by the Department Chair.
• All undergraduate and graduate level coursework must be successfully completed before beginning Level II Fieldwork.
• The second Level II Fieldwork experience must be completed within 12 months of academic coursework.
• Eligibility to sit for the national certification examination requires successful completion of six-months of Level II Fieldwork.