The Top Ten Reason
Worcester State University is a
Great Place for Adult Learners
1. There are currently eleven majors available in the evening schedule
Business Administration, Chemistry, Communication, Community Health, Criminal Justice, English, Health Education, History, Natural Science, Psychology and Sociology.
2. Easy access to student academic services
Many offices on campus have evening hours including Graduate & Continuing Education, Financial Aid, the Registrar’s Office, the Bursar/One Card Office, and the Academic Success Center (all open until 7pm Monday through Wednesday).
3. Study with your peer group
Did you know that the average age of undergraduate students at Worcester State is 24 years old?
4. Inspiring faculty dedicated to your success
Learn from Fulbright scholars, published authors, and experienced faculty with insiders' knowledge.
5. Dynamic learning environment
Enjoy wi-fi, multi-media classrooms, state-of-the-art science labs, and exceptional visual and performing arts facilities.
6. You can apply for an Adult Learner Scholarship
Twenty scholarships are awarded each year to Massachusetts residents for $500. Contact the Financial Aid office for more information.
7. Multiple scheduling options help to fit school into your busy schedule
Admitted students can take classes in the day, evening, accelerated calendars and online. If you have the time, we have the schedule to match.
8. Rent instead of buying
Through the Campus Bookstore, you can now rent your textbooks, which reduces cost and helps you manage your budget.
9. Large enough for opportunities but small enough to provide a great experience
Worcester State has 25 majors, offers internship opportunities and real-life learning but is still a “small university” with an average class size of under 20 students.
10. Exceptional value, uncompromising quality
Save thousands of dollars over private institutions - at the only Massachusetts state college named a “Best Northeastern College” by the Princeton Review eight years in a row.