Conference & Event Services

  • Conference and Event Services FAQs

    Where is the Conference and Events Services Office located on the Worcester State University campus?

    Our office is located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center, which is located in the center of campus. For specific directions, a campus map, and parking information, please visit our Contact Us page.

    How do I request a room reservation for an event I would like to have at WSU?

    To request a room reservation, please visit our Plan an Event page.

    Does Worcester State University provide guest housing?

    Yes, Worcester State University does provide guest housing during the summer term (mid-May to the first week in August). For more information, please contact our office at 508-929-8237.

    What type of catering does Worcester State University provide?

    A wide selection of catering options is available through WSU's dining services partner Chartwells. You can review menu options and place orders directly using their online ordering system.

    Does Worcester State University provide audio-visual services?

    We provide a variety of audio-visual services, and the Conference and Event Services staff will work closely with you to meet your needs.

    What are the facility fees?

    The facility fees vary for each event space. Please contact Conference and Event Services for more specifics. We will be happy to help you.

    Do your rooms have Wi-Fi access?

    Yes, our event spaces do have Wi-Fi access on the "WSUEvents" network. If you need Wi-Fi, please let the Conference and Event Services Office know so that we can provide the necessary codes upon request.

    Can I tour venues and meeting spaces before submitting a reservation?

    You can schedule an in-person tour by contacting the Conference and Event Services Office or take a virtual tour of the WSU campus.

    Is insurance required for my event?

    Insurance is required for all non-WSU-affiliated organizations. To learn more about our insurance requirements, please contact us at 508-929-8237.

    Can I serve alcohol at my event?

    Yes, with an alcohol approval form and approval from WSU's University Police and the Conference and Event Services Office.

    If I must cancel my event, what should I do?

    Contact the Conference and Event Services Office as soon as you know your event will be cancelled: 508-929-8237 or

    How do I arrange for set-up for my event?

    Once the event is confirmed, service needs are arranged through the Conference and Event Services Office, all equipment needs are noted in 25Live (our scheduling system), and communicated to our staff.

    How many people can the room(s) accommodate?

    Our rooms hold between 6 and 1,096 people as capacities vary by location and type of table/chair configuration that you select. Visit our Event Venues page and download our Venue Capacity Chart for more details.

    What is not allowed in the event spaces?

    We do not permit open flames, glitter, nails, glue, or Duct tape.

    Who will handle my signage?

    Guests are responsible for event-related signage. The Conference and Event Services Office can provide easels, sign holders, and sandwich boards.