Certificates and Workshops
The Division of Graduate and Continuing Education offers several certificate programs and workshops for those wishing to learn new skills or to update their professional training or for life-enrichment.
Summer 2013 Mathematics Institutes
1. Singapore Math - Number and Operations Institute The primary goal of this institute is to deepen your understanding of the math you teach, regardless of whether you plan to use the Singapore books as your primary texts. Strengthening your understanding will help you to be more effective as a teacher. This institute will provide a supportive, yet challenging environment for professionals working together.
Location: Worcester State University
When: June 24-27, 2013
Time: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
2. The 3rd Singapore Math Summer Institute - Where Content Meets Pedagogy This year’s Mathematics Summer Institute will continue to revisit core topics of fractions and whole numbers with extension to algebra, measurement and geometry using the Singapore approach. This highly-rated institute continues to focus on a unique blend of content and pedagogy, while bringing in new content which focuses on problem solving strategies.
Location: Worcester State University
When: July 10-12, 2013
Many people are finding certificate programs an excellent option for those looking to upgrade their skills or change careers. Certificates are a means to a practical end offering skills-based training that can help you to get your foot in the door. Credit-bearing certificates can often be applied towards an undergraduate degree at a later date and non-credit certificates can help to fill in gaps in your resume. Worcester State University’s Continuing Education offers both credit-bearing and non-credit certificate programs.
Certificates Programs (Credit-bearing)
Accounting CertificateThe Accounting Certificate is designed for adults who are contemplating a career change or who wish to upgrade their business skills. The program is appropriate for those who hold a degree in a non-accounting field or by those who do not hold a university degree, but who are working in the accounting field. The certificate is earned through the successful completion of nine courses (27 credits). It is possible to transfer in as many as 9 credits from previous university-level work.
BA 200 Principles of Management and Organizational
BA 210 Fundamentals of Accounting I
BA 220 Fundamentals of Accounting II
BA 316 Financial Management
BA 370 Intermediate Accounting I
BA 371 Intermediate Accounting II
BA 372 Advanced Accounting I
BA 374 Cost Accounting.
BA 376 Auditing
BA 320 Business Law I
BA 445 Advanced Applications in Computerized
For more information and an application form call (508) 929-8127
or contact Dr. Bobbi Kyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PreMed / PreDental Certificate
The Program recognizes the individual needs of students. Each post-baccalaureate candidate has his/her own academic history. The Program recognizes these individual differences. Each participant’s academic history is evaluated and appropriate courses are selected in consultation with the Chair of the Pre-Medical & Pre-Dental Advisory Committee based upon the participant's specific needs. Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental students have access to WSU’s Pre-Medical & Pre-Dental Advisory Committee including its advisory service and its recommendation letter process.
Click here for more information
or contact Carol Neylon at email@example.com or Margaret Kerr at MKerr@worcester.edu.
Certificates Programs (Non-Credit)
Worcester State University works with several well-respected organizations to provide online non-credit certificates in a variety of areas including:
• Healthcare and Fitness
• Business, Management and Professional training
• IT, Software Development and Instruction
• Media and Design
• Medical Coding and Transcription
• Hospitality and Gaming
• Skilled Trades and Industrial
Listed here is a sampling of the current online certificates we offer. Tuition for these certificate programs depending largely on the length of training. For a complete listing you can click on the buttons to the right.
Certificate in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Certificate in Gerontology
Certificate in Spirituality, Health and Healing
Certificate in Technical Writing
Dental Office Professional Certificate
Principles of Home Inspection: 100 Hour Professional
Travel Agent Certificate Program
Workshops to be announced.