Databases in Health and Nutrition
AgeLine Focuses exclusively on the population aged 50+ and issues of aging. Includes aging-related content from the health sciences, psychology, sociology, social work, economics and public policy.
Health Reference Center Academic - From InfoTrac Web. Over 2.5 million articles; can limit to full text and/or peer reviewed.
Health Source: Consumer Edition Rich collection of consumer health information covering food and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition Full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also features a drug guide which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
Biomedical Reference Collection: Basic. Designed for doctors, nurses, students, clinical specialists with access to 100 full text journals covering clinical medicine, nursing, health care system, etc. All 100 journals are also indexed in MEDLINE.
CINAHLwith Full Text - Authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. Indexing for more than 3,000 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. now with more full text, some as far back as 1981.
MEDLINE - created by the National Library of Medicine, users can search abstracts from over 4,800 current biomedical journals.
ProQuest Family Health Journals and magazines covering an enormous range of health subjects, from sports injuries to women's health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from eye care to dentistry
ProQuest Health Management Articles pertaining to the business side of hospitals and healthcare. Non-clinical information covering all aspects of health administration: public health and safety, hospitals, finance, personnel management, insurance, labor relations and law.
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source Covers allied health, gerontology, geriatrics, traumatology, nutrition and dietetics, rehabilitation and more.
Public Affairs International. Public affairs and worlds issues with coverage from 1972 to the present. An index to over 1/2 million articles, books, government documents, Internet sites and documents from more than 120 countries. Obviously useful for global issues in health and nutrition. Can be searched on its own, but it's better to search the title through the larger, full text Social Sciences Premium Collection.
AGRICOLA - FREE 3.5 million bibliographic records covering all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines; browse by subject or use the search box - there is an entire section devoted to food and nutrition . This is the primary public database for access to world-wide agricultural information.
Science Direct - 11.2 million articles and book chapters. Covers physical science and engineering including chemistry, energy and mathematics; life sciences and health sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Newspaper Resources - Includes links to current media outlets, international sites, television news, as well as three resources for archival research: Newspaper Source, Lexis-Nexis and the Boston Globe.
- Academic One File - for coverage of popular topics in health. Indexes full text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. Also has full text New York Times content back to 1995, hundreds of podcasts and transcripts from radio and television broadcasts. Funded by the Massachusetts Regional Library System.
- Academic Search Complete - good general coverage of popular topics in health and medicine.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library. Available through InfoTrac. Contains full text of standard reference works:
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, e4th ed 6 vols. (2011)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer e3rd ed. 2 vols. (2010)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders e3rd ed. 2 vols. (2010)
More Resources for Health & Nutrition
Back to Subject Listing