Read All About It - Online Newspapers/ News Outlets
Online news consumers have access to a vast array of news sources - from traditional news organizations to web portals and internet-only news sites. In May 2010, more than 123 million Americans visited newspaper sites, representing 57% of the total U.S. Internet audience. (Center for Media research blog entry)
Save a tree: read a newspaper online.
- Archive Editions - search back issues at no charge to WSU users
- International Daily Editions
- Local and Area Daily Editions
- National Daily Editions
- Television News Outlets
The Value of Newspaper Information from NewsBank
Daily Editions: Local and Area
Daily Editions: National
Daily Editions: International
- London Times -
- Canadian news - national and major city news online
- United Press International - (UPI) wire service
- News Link - one of the best newspaper sites; also links to other news sources: TV and radio (can also access by state), magazines such as news, entertainment, business, lifestyle, etc.
- IPL Newspapers - The Internet Public Library's extensive list of newspapers all over the world
- RefDesk - USA and worldwide. World newspapers by continent/country; Top 10 newspapers, searchable news archives, and U.S. news archives.
- News and Journalism Sources - General news media, radio and television, images, film, sound. From Research Resources for the Social Sciences (McGraw Hill)
- Newspapers.com - easy access to world newspapers organized by country. Also provides links to top ten newspapers and business publications.
- NewsCentral - "the largest newspaper index on the web". Offers links to 3,500 newspapers available online in the U.S. and worldwide.
- News Voyager - comprehensive gateway to your local newspaper - U.S. and around the world
- Press Display - Real newspaper front page replicas of 250 newspapers from 55 countries, in original format, layout and pagination. Free registration required to read beyond the front page.
- World Newspapers - World newspapers, magazines, and news sites in English, sorted by country and region
Research Sites - WSU users only:
- Boston Globe - 1980+ Funded by the Massachusetts Regional Library System.
- National Newspapers- Includes coverage of 46 national and major regional newspapers including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, and USA Today. Also covers international and minority interest newspapers. Full text of all articles, editorials, obituaries, letters to the editor, etc.
- Newspaper Source - Access through our subscription site at EBSCO Host. Cover-to-cover full text for 35 national and international newspapers. Also contains full text television and radio news transcripts; selective full text for more than 375 regional U.S. papers. Updated daily.
- The Regional Business News. Comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Incorporates coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States and is updated on a daily basis.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic. Provides full-text documents from over 5,900 news, business, legal, medical, and reference publications with a variety of flexible search options. Searchable access to Reuters news.
Back to Subject Listing