Foundations and Corporations Make a Difference.
Foundations and Corporations are valued partners who support Worcester State University's mission to provide students a quality, accessible, affordable education. Grants, matching gifts, and in-kind contributions help fund students scholarships, student research, faculty development, athletic teams, lecture series, cultural events, and more.
Our business and foundation partners also provide valuable internship opportunities and help us fulfill our commitment to community service. Working with nearly 400 partners, more than 2,200 WSU students engage in community-based programs each year, addressing such issues as hunger, homelessness, child welfare, literacy, environmental protection, and social justice.
In addition, foundations and corporations provide vital support for WSU programs and initiatives that transform lives and enrich our communities. These include:
- The Inergenerational Urban Institute, which works to eliminate hunger and provides tutoring for elderly immigrants
- The Latino Education Institute, which improves the academic achievement and well-being of Latino students (grades K-16) and their families
- The Upward Bound program, which prepares disadvantaged high school seniors for college
- The Enactus club, which prepares students for entreprenuership and business success
- The Speech-Language-Hearing-Center, which provides speech, language, and hearing services to the residents from thoughout Central Massachusetts
Local and national foundations have also strengthened the educational experience of our students. For example:
- The George I. Alden Trust awarded generous funding for the Kaylan K. Ghosh Center for Science & Technology campaign to upgrade technology and equipment.
- The Davis Educational Foundation supported faculty developmentin high-impact learning practices and integrative learning.
- The Fletcher Foundation funding supported the WSU affliation with the Worcester Ceneter for Crafts with the grant funds for the Ceramics Studio renovation project.
- The George F. and Sybil H. Foundation gave generously to the Latino Educationi Institute and supported the transformation of WSU's theater into a state-of-the-art taching theater. Most recently the Foundation provided a leadership gift in support of the Campaign for Student Wellness & Athletic Excellence.
- The Greater Worcester Community Foundation provided funding in support of the LEI’s educational programming as well as curriculum development and scholarships for the Dr. Lillian R. Goodman Department of Nursing.
- The Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts grant support enabled the Speech-Language-Hearing Center to launch a new audiology program.
- The Stoddard Charitable Trust also awarded grant funding in support of the Kalyan K. Ghosh Center for Science & Technology campaign to upgrade technology and equipment as well as the Ceramics Studio renovation.
In these ways and countless others, foundations and corporations are valued partners of Worcester State University. To learn more about how your organization can support WSU, please contact Vice President of University Advancement Thomas M. McNamara at 508-929-8141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.