Federal College Work-Study Students
Federal College Work-Study students record their daily hours on a blue Federal College Work Study Program Weekly Time Sheet during the regular academic year. During the summer program, the weekly time sheets are green.
Blank time sheets may be obtained from the Payroll & Benefits Office as needed. Please do not use photocopies.
Since federal college work-study students are paid only for hours worked, no federal work-study student will be processed on a payroll without a signed weekly time sheet. Therefore, it is imperative that your completed and signed time sheet be submitted to your supervisor on a weekly basis so that s/he can complete the required Weekly Time Summary Sheet and forward it to the Payroll Office on or before the deadline indicated on the Pay Calendar.
Some things to keep in mind when completing your time sheet:
· Work must be completed and weekly time summary sheets signed (by the supervisor) and submitted before payment can be made.
· Time sheets must be completed and signed in ink.
· Please indicate all dates and starting and ending times on weekly time sheet.
· Any work in excess of six (6) hours per day must include an unpaid half-hour break which must be shown on the time sheet.
· Students must not work more than 7.5 hours per day.
· Weekly Time Summary Sheets must be submitted in a sealed, signed envelope or hand-delivered by the supervisor.
· Supervisors are responsible for collecting timesheets and recording daily hours on the summary sheets according to the procedures set forth in the Attendance Reporting for Part-Time Employees and Federal College Work-Study Students Policy.
Please click here to view the official Attendance Reporting for Part-Time Employees and Federal College Work-Study Students Policy.
Please click on the following links to download or print out a blank Weekly Time Summary Sheet:
Resource documents for department heads/supervisors/managers: