Part-Time, Temporary Employees
(Students & Non-Students)
Part-time temporary employees record their daily hours on a pink or purple Weekly Time Sheet. Non-student part-time employees should use the purple sheets. Part-time student employees should use the pink sheets.
Employees funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) should use salmon colored time sheets.
Blank time sheets may be obtained from the Payroll & Benefits Office as needed. Please do not use photocopies.
Since part-time temporary employees are paid only for hours worked, no part-time employee will be processed on a payroll without a signed weekly time sheet. Therefore, it is imperative that you submit your completed and signed time sheet to your supervisor on a weekly basis so that s/he can complete the required Weekly Time Summary Sheet and forward it to the Payroll Office on or before the deadline as indicated on the Pay Calendar.
Some things to keep in mind when completing your time sheet:
· Work must be completed and weekly time summary sheets signed (by the supervisor) and submitted before payment can be made.
· Time sheets must be completed and signed in ink.
· Please indicate all dates and starting and ending times on the weekly time sheets.
· Any work in excess of six (6) hours per day must include an unpaid half-hour break which must be shown on the time sheet.
· Weekly Time Summary Sheets must be submitted in a sealed, signed envelope or hand-delivered by the supervisor.
· Supervisors are responsible for collecting timesheets and recording daily hours on the summary sheets according to the procedures set forth in the Attendance Reporting for Part-Time Employees and Federal College Work-Study Students Policy.
Please click here to view the official Attendance Reporting for Part-Time Employees and Federal College Work-Study Students Policy.
Please click on the following links to download or print out a blank Weekly Time Summary Sheet:
Resource documents for department heads/supervisors/managers: