What are Student Ambassadors
The purpose of Student Ambassadors is to:
Serve as student representatives of the University before a variety of important constituent groups as requested by the President.
Represent the University on- and off-campus and online positively, professionally and accurately at all times.
Represent and promote the Worcester State student body at special events both on- and off-campus.
Represent Worcester State in the surrounding community and actively participate in community-service projects.
The goals/responsibilities of Student Ambassadors are to:
Enhance the reputation of the University and present ideas and suggestions that will improve the campus for generations to come.
Attend social functions, provide tours with visiting dignitaries, and speak about student life and academic experiences.
Inform prospective students, parents, and visitors about Worcester State’s mission, campus resources, and campus life.
Give campus visits credibility by being genuine and sincere with visitors. Make campus visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and well-informed.
The commitments of Student Ambassadors include:
- Attend mandatory bi-weekly meetings
- Attend mandatory special on- and off-campus events
- Lead campus tours
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn historical and general interest information about the University
- Show active campus involvement
- Work as a team member and actively participate in all Ambassador events
- Develop a connection with Worcester State to strengthen engagement as an alumnus or alumna