The Top Ten Reasons to
Attend Worcester State University
1. The education you need for the future you want
Choose from 25 majors and dozens of in-demand programs offered day, night and online.
2. Real-world learning
Gain valuable experience through dynamic internships and study abroad programs.
3. Exciting opportunities for hands-on research
Be part of meaningful research projects across the curriculum.
4. Inspiring faculty dedicated to your success
Learn from Fulbright scholars, published authors, and
experienced faculty with insiders' knowledge.
5. Dynamic learning environment
Enjoy wi-fi, multi-media classrooms, state-of-art science labs,
and exceptional visual and performing arts facilities.
6. Vibrant student life
Participate in dozens of diverse activities and student clubs,
from comedy shows to community service.
7. Outstanding athletics program - Go Lancers!
Work hard, play hard on our 20 NCAA Division III sports teams, or enjoy some friendly competition in our intramural sports program.
8. Welcoming campus in a lively city
Make our award-winning residence halls, newly refurbished Student Center, and vibrant campus your home away from home.
9. Competitive financial aid packages
Reduce the cost of your college education with state and federal programs, work study positions, and dozens of scholarship opportunities.
10. Exceptional value, uncompromising quality
Save thousands of dollars over private institutions at the only Massachusetts state university named a “Best Northeastern College” by the Princeton Review nine consecutive years and a "Best Value College" by the Princeton Review in 2013.