• The DCU Center has hosted the likes of Phish,
Nickelback, Lady Antebellum, Neil Diamond, Andrea Bocelli,
Britney Spears, the Rugrats, Harlem Globetrotters, and many
other performers. WSU holds commencement ceremonies there.
• The Worcester Sharks, an AHL team, plays all their home games
at the DCU Center.
• Worcester Tornadoes, a member of the Canadian American
Association of Professional Baseball League, play their home
games in Worcester. They also host special events for children of
• Wachusett Mountain Ski Area. Just 20 minutes away from
Worcester, Wachusett Mountain offers ski and snowboard
lessons, featuring over 19 different trails. Weddings and other
business gatherings are also offered on the mountain.
• Wachusett Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary features 12 miles of trails
through vast meadows, woodlands, and wetlands.
• The EcoTarium is an indoor-outdoor museum in Worcester that
offers a chance to walk through treetops, take a thrilling
multimedia journey through the galaxy at a digital planetarium,
meet wildlife, stroll nature trails, and ride a narrow-gauge railroad.
Its programming includes hands-on exhibits that are fun learning
experiences for children and parents alike.
• Central Rock Climbing Center of Worcester boasts that it
“provides the highest quality indoor climbing experience for
beginner to advanced climbers.” Its programming features
summer camps, field trips and birthday parties for children of all
• Ward Hill Ski Area offers a variety of things to do in both winter
• Davis Farmland features an enormous maze and acres of
farmland filled with fun family activities. Only 40 minutes from
• CoCo Key Hotel & Water Resort, located just 40 minutes north of
Worcester, offers many water slides and water fun activates as
well as an arcade and on-location restaurant. A great way to
warm up in the winter month; CoCo Keys claims it is always 84
• Old Sturbridge Village, one of the country’s oldest and largest
living history museums, depicts early New England life from
1790-1840 with historians in costume, antique buildings, water
powered mills, and a working farm.
• Southwick Zoo boasts having more than 10 exhibits and
thousands of animals to view. This fun family destination is only
40 minutes southeast of Worcester.
• Purgatory Chasm features hiking trails through 1,300 acres of
park and glacier-formed rock gorges. Experienced hikers or
curious kids are able to explore this beautiful area of