WHAT DO I NEED FOR APPLICATION TO THE INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE (IELI) PROGRAM AT WORCESTER STATE COLLEGE?
1. Complete the application form. You can download it here, or you can request an application by phone at 508.929.8031 or by mail at IELI, Worcester State College, 486 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA.
2. Provide Educational Credentials (High School Diploma or College/University transcript), which must be originals
3. Mail the completed application and educational credentials and $150 application fee to Worcester State College. $100 of the fee will be applied to your tuition, should you attend the program. Payment can be by check made payable to Worcester State College or by MasterCard, VISA, or Discover credit cards.
ONCE YOU HAVE LEARNED OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO THE PROGRAM, AND IF YOU NEED AN APPLICATION FOR STUDENT VISA (Form 1-20), accepted students to IELI program must submit to Worcester State College, IELI Program, the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
1. Your or your sponsor’s bank statements reflecting activity for 6 months and showing a balance no less than $12,000. This bank statement must have been issued within the last 6 months.
2. Your sponsor’s Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) to certify that there are sufficient funds available for you to live in the United States and study at Worcester State College for one full academic year. (Be sure to maintain a copy for yourself) Self-sponsored students need not submit this form.
3. Your IELI Acceptance Letter (Be sure to maintain a copy for yourself)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
1. When all of the Original and appropriate documents for 1-20 application are received, you will receive an I-20 form from Worcester State College to apply for a student visa. Present this form with your passport to the nearest United States Embassy or Consulate to obtain an F-1 student visa to travel to the United States. There is a $100 SEVIS fee payable before your interview. Your 1-20 packet will include information about the SEVIS fee.
2. You must report to the IELI office no later than 30 days of arrival in the United States or in time for the first day of class. Be prepared to present your passport, I-20, visa and I-94, and the balance of your tuition to the Director of IELI.
3. You must notify the Director of IELI within 10 days of address changes or plans to leave the U.S. Authorization is required for travel outside the U.S.
4. The one year I-20 for ESL study can be renewed with an approval if you need more time to study or if you are accepted to the College to complete your degree.
For information about the undergraduate and graduate degree programs at Worcester State College, click here.