Unless specifically stated, event types are appropriate for all audiences (students, faculty/staff, alumni, general public)
· Auction – Used only for events involving the auctioning of goods and/or services in exchange for currency or other goods and services
· Bakesale – This event type should only be used by student organizations that are hosting a bake sale for the purpose of fundraising
· Banquet – This event type should be used for all events that involve a full meal, regardless of whether there is a program or not. A full meal includes a salad, entrée and dessert. This event type should not be used for either cocktail hours or events which have refreshments at the end of the event
· Camp – This event type should be used for overnight and day camps. Camps are different from “conferences” in that they typically host students that are college age or younger. When you are scheduling camp activities please use this event types for all reservations
· Ceremony – Use this type where the focus of the event is the conferring of an award, or some other rite or ceremonial activity
· Class – Regularly scheduled academic classes have an event type “Course Section” and are scheduled through Colleague by the Registrar. Classes should not be scheduled through Live25. However there are occasion when this event type should be used. For example, an extra classroom, larger classroom or electronic classroom for just a few meetings. These are course – related activities and should be used only for academic classes. Non – academic events should other types such as workshops, trainings etc.
· Competition / Tournament – This event type should be used when scheduling an event either academic or non academic that includes individuals competing for a prize or for recognition
· Conference / Breakout Session – This is usually a whole day or multi day event. Typically conferences have several sessions or concurrent back – to – back sessions. Conferences generally draw a crowd of 75 or above and sessions are related to a specific topic. Breakout sessions during the conference should have the same event type
· Dance – An event where the audience participants in dancing. This could be used for a ball or an organizations social function and after party A dance performance should use performance as their event type, a dance rehearsal or dress rehearsal should use rehearsal
· Equipment Rental – This event type should only be used by the Conference and Event Services Office, either when renting equipment to the campus community or when utilizing rentals from an external vendor
· Fair – This event type should be used when the event is primarily a fair which typically involves multiple vendors either internal or external putting their goods and services on display for a large group of people. This event type should be used regardless of whether or not there is a small program attached to the fair.
· Film / Movie – This event type should be used for any event where the primary activity is showing/screening a film or movie. If the showing is for a class and only members of the class are invited to attend please use event type “class”. For all other film screenings public or not this would be an appropriate event type
· Final – This even type should be used solely by Academic Departments scheduling finals in classrooms other than their regularly scheduled classroom during the final exam period only
· Game / Meet – This event type should be used for large external sporting events that are renting space from WSU. This will be used primarily by the Conference and Event Services Office but could be used by Athletics and on occasion the WSU community
· Information Table – This event type should be used when either external or internal vendors are distributing information about a particular topic. This event type should not be used when the sale of goods or services is being done
· Interview – This event type should be used when interviewing a single candidate or small group of people
· Lecture – This even type should be used for any event where the primary activity is a lecture or a speaker usually given by a guest to campus with specific credentials on a particular subject. If the discussion is for a class and only members of the lass are invited to attend, please use event type “class”
· Meeting – This is a broad category that should be used for small group discussions or larger group assemblies that don’t fit a more appropriate event types. IE not a training, not a lecture, not a conference
· Movie Shoot / Premiere – This event type should be used when a film crew plans to be on campus shooting a movie, film or documentary
· Orientation – This event type should only be used for actual orientation programs not meetings about orientation programs. These events typically orient new students or employees to campus
· Pageant / Show – This event type will be used primarily by Student Organizations planning pageants or shows for the student body
· Panel Discussion – This event type should be utilized when a group or presenters or experts on a particular subject are presenting to an audience
· Performance – Concert – An event type that should be utilized for large performance venues, often ticketed, where the primary activity is a musical performance. Smaller operations such as open mic night or acoustic performances should use the event type social event
· Performance – Dance – An event type used primarily for dance shows regardless of the type of dance, ballet, modern, jazz, tap, pointe, hip hop, street, step ect. These events are often ticketed in large venues. This event type should not be confused with the event type Dance where the primary activity of all the attendees is to participate in the dancing.
· Performance – Theatre – An often ticketed activity in medium to large venues. The primary goal being the performance of a previously rehearsed play
· Practice – This event type should be used either by CESO for external client athletic practices or in the rare circumstances that a member of the community is practicing something. This should not be confused with rehearsal for performances or Pageant / Shows in those situations it is not practice but the rehearsal event type that should be used.
· Presentation – Presentations should be used by academic classes that are reserving additional space for their students to host presentations either publicly or to their group of classmates.
· Public Forum – This event type should be used when either the WSU Community, the external community or a combination of both is invited to campus to hear and participate in a group discussion
· Rally – This event type should be used for politically based events only. Political Rally’s or a rally surrounding a politically opinionated subject
· Reception – This event type should be used for the gathering either before or after another event or if the event is socially a reception, typically light refreshments are served and there is no formal program associated with that event
· Rehearsal – Rehearsals should be used for the practice of larger events; “performances dance, theater, concert, pageants or shows”
· Religious Service – This event type should be used solely for religious services being conducted as the primary purpose to the event
· Site Visit – This event type will be used by CESO, when blocking out space to do a tour for a potential client or when touring space for an internal client
· Social Event – This event type should be used primarily by Student Activities when booking novelty events for student organizations
· Test – This event type should only be used by the following people / circumstances
o Academic Success – when testing freshman for their entrance exams
o Clep / Toefl Exams
o Academic class scheduling tests in space other than their assigned classrooms. When scheduling a final please use “final” as the event type. This event type should be used for regular tests only
o Disability Services – when scheduling additional space for students to take tests with accommodations. When scheduling a final please use “final” as the event type. This event type should be used for regular tests only
· Training – This event type should be used when a group of people is being trained on a specific skill or set of skills. The end result being a certificate or other proof of completion of the training
· University Event – This event type will be used by CESO only when booking events that are University wide encompassing many different event types throughout the course of a day or multiple days
· Vendor – This event type will be used by CESO when booking external vendors to showcase information or goods for sale
· Workshop – This event type should be used during an educational seminar or series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among a usually small number of participants.