• Frequently Asked Questions by DACA Applicants

    Are undocumented students eligible for Massachusetts state or federal financial aid?

    At this time, undocumented students are not eligible for state or financial aid. However, you are given consideration for institutional merit-based scholarships as an incoming first-year or transfer student. We encourage students to also look for private scholarships and/or loans.

    Are undocumented students eligible for in-state tuition?

    In 2012, the governor of Massachusetts announced that students who qualify for the federal Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program could be charged in-state tuition and fees. In order to be eligible for in-state tuition, applicants must submit a copy of the C-33/DACA card or a copy of the I-797 Notice of Action to the online application. Please be advised that this legislation may change.

    What do I need to know as a DACA student when applying to Worcester State University?

    When completing the application, you will indicate that you are a non-U.S. citizen and a Massachusetts resident to qualify for in-state tuition. As a proof of residency, you will attach a copy of a C-33/DACA card or a copy of an I-797 Notice of Action to your online application.