Associate Professor, Co-Coordinator of Undergraduate Biotechnology Program
My research projects include:
1. Screening thielavin derivatives and other semi-synthetic drugs for antimicrobial activity
2. Intercellular communication between soil bacteria and the role of secondary metabolites on streptomycete development
3. Dissection of the signal transduction system involved in regulation of biosurfactant production in Streptomyces coelicolor
4. Group IV sigma factor signal transduction systems and their role in cellular development or stress response in Streptomyces coelicolor
5. Monitoring microbial diversity in soils of Worcester City Parks.
6. Evaluating the soil microbiome of pristine soils from Antarctica.
7. Worcester State University Community Health Improvement Plan (WSU-CHIP) Outreach Program with Worcester Division of Public Health (DPH) – decrease incidence of sexually transmitted infections in Worcester County target demographic aged 15-24.
8. Tiny Earth Initiative Partner – crowdsourcing discovery of new antibiotics in the classroom laboratory
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Western Kentucky University
Recombinant Genetics and Chemistry
Wei-Ping Pan, Yufeng Duan, Gene Pan, Rongcai Xie, Yan Cao, Linchuan Li, Shawn Kellie, and Roger Greenwell, “Field Testing of Flue Gas Mercury and Speciation with Low NOx Burner,” Proceedings, 19th Annual International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, September 23-27, 2002, Pittsburgh, PA.
Wei-Ping Pan, Lingchuan Li, Yufeng Duan, Rongcai Xie, Yan Cao, Shawn Kellie, Gene Pan, Roger Greenwell, and John Riley, “The Effects of the Pre-Heater and ESP on Mercury Speciation and Concentration in a 100MWth Wall-fired Combustor,” Proceedings, 19th Annual International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, September 23-27, 2002, Pittsburgh, PA.