University Policies

Buy-Out of Occupancy License Agreement Policy

Student Affairs
Residence Life and Housing

A student wanting to be released from his/her Occupancy License Agreement for any other reason than graduation must participate in the Buy-Out option (available at the end of the Fall Semester only) by paying 35% of room charges for the subsequent semester. A student cannot participate in the buy-out option for the current semester. All buy-outs must be filed by the published deadline. Students who participate in the Buy-Out are not eligible for a refund of their deposit.

  1. Fill out Petition for Release form available in the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
  2. Return form to the Office of Residence Life and Housing with documentation (if appropriate) by the established deadline.
  3. The Buy-Out charge will be added directly to the student’s account unless another arrangement for payment is made with the Director of Residence Life and Housing.