University Policies

Room Change Policy

Student Affairs
Residence Life and Housing

Resident students may request a room change through the Office of Residence Life and Housing. Room changes will be granted under certain conditions.

Resident students who wish to change their rooms should make an appointment to meet with their assigned Resident Assistant (RA). If the RA is not available, residents must meet with their Residence Director to discuss their options.

All room changes must be approved through the Office of Residence Life (WH 104).

Changing rooms without permission from Residence Life and/or failure to complete all necessary paperwork may result in up to a $100 fine per incident.

There is a three week room freeze at the start of each semester. Residents may not change rooms during this time. Permission to change rooms during the freeze will only be granted in emergency situations from the Director of Residence Life and Housing.