Build a foundation in mathematics. Understand the innovations of our world.
From artificial intelligence to architecture, Worcester State University’s Math program provides you with the critical framework needed to identify and develop the systems in place all around us.
At Worcester State, you will delve into the principles of mathematics and develop crucial analytic and problem-solving skills. Beyond the classroom, there are numerous opportunities to conduct cutting-edge research, as well as community partnerships with local schools and businesses–experiences that will inform your career path in this exciting field.
Why study at Worcester State?
Secondary Education Concentration
Statistics & Modeling Concentration
- Calculus II
- Theory of Proof
- Mathematical Modeling
- Modern Geometry
- Number Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Abstract Algebra
- Real Analysis
- Special Topics courses
Utilize Worcester State’s specialized Math services–designed to enhance your learning and success in any course that contains mathematical components.
For many courses, Worcester State provides peer tutoring, which can be both a study resource and an employment opportunity
Hone your math skills with your peers
Cultivate your analytic skills in a recreational environment
Presented at MAA Sectional Meetings
- Machine Learning
- Mathematics of Tree Growth
- Optimizing Interplanetary Travel
- Modeling the Optimal Vaccine Strategy during a Pandemic*
- Optimizing Vaccination Strategies
- Modeling the Interaction Between Population Genetics and Population Dynamics in Gene Drive Systems
- Distributed Data Storage and Fusion for Collective Perception in Resource-Limited Mobile Robot Swarms
See the diverse career paths that this degree can prepare you for
A background in math is required for more careers than you might think.
Where will your Worcester State degree take you?
Meet Your Faculty