One of the best ways to get an in-depth understanding of your field is to learn from a leader in that field. That’s what Worcester State University graduate assistantships are all about. You are eligible for a graduate assistantship if you are matriculated into a Worcester State master’s degree or education specialist program.
A graduate assistantship gives you the opportunity to work with a mentor at an advanced level and to take on professional-level responsibilities. We offer positions within applicants’ academic departments—assisting faculty and staff during academic terms—as well as in offices around campus through 2 placement options.
Types of Placement
Graduate Program Placements
As a successful applicant for a graduate program placement, you will be placed in a graduate academic department to assist in areas like research, teaching, program recruiting, and clinical work. Appointments are competitive and consist of two terms (fall and spring).
These placements provide tuition-and-fee waivers for up to 3 graduate courses per semester in a student’s academic program with the expectation of 15 hours a week of work plus an hourly stipend.
Campus Support Placements
As a successful applicant for a campus support placement, you will be placed in a department support position in which you may assist with administrative tasks, program support, marketing/recruiting, student services, and more. Our past placements include the Athletics, Academic Affairs, President’s, and Student Conduct offices.
These placements provide tuition-and-fee waivers for up to 3 graduate courses per term in a student’s academic program with the expectation of 12 hours a week of work.
Placement & Application Details
- A limited number of graduate assistantships are available each year.
- Graduate students who are officially accepted to an on-campus master’s degree or education specialist program are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be fully matriculated students and enrolled in a graduate degree program during the assistantship.
- Applications will be available on April 1st and due to the Graduate School no later than April 30th.
- Please note: Students matriculated in an accelerated online program are not eligible to apply.
2023-2024 Academic Year Opportunities