The Worcester State University Police Department provides a full range of police resources to the university community, including 24-hour patrols, criminal investigations, crime and rape prevention programs, and event security planning. They believe in proactive law enforcement with an emphasis on community policing.
The officers focus on prevention and enforcement of laws and university rules and regulations. The Worcester State University Police Department invites everyone on campus to participate in community policing efforts. This partnership provides you with direct contact and personalized safety services.
While they prefer to use proactive means to prevent crime and disruptions—and use alternatives to arrest when reasonable—sworn officers have enforcement and arrest authority on the Worcester State campus. The officers also have mutual aid agreements with the Worcester Police Department and the Massachusetts State Police.
Policing at Worcester State University is provided 24 hours a day throughout the calendar year by a full-time staff of sworn police officers, a full-time Emergency Coordinator, full-time dispatchers, and a full-time Parking and Transportation Manager. University police officers enforce the rules and regulations of Worcester State in conjunction with applicable state and federal laws.
Chief Jason Kapurch
Captain William Marrier
Captain Donald Brickman, Jr.
Captain Michael Vigeant
Sergeant Sokol Ballta
Sergeant Jason St. Amand
Officer Patrick Brossi
Officer Kevin Gaudette
Officer Benjamin Lima
Officer Matthew Mahota
Officer Hector Martinez-Rivera
Officer Paige Massey
Officer Marjeta Skenderi
Officer Kevin Weigold
Fernando Montalban – Security Officer
Junilda Palla – Security Officer
Tyler Culross – Security Officer
Bledi Demirazi – Security Officer
The Worcester State Police Department works to ensure a peaceful quality of life, establish a partnership with the community, and support a safe learning environment. The department, in its mission to provide quality services to the Worcester State community has adopted the following values:
- Maintenance of the highest standards of integrity and ethics in its staff and department policies, procedures, and actions to create an environment that values differences
- Excellence and teamwork among members of the department in the performance of the department’s duties
- Protection of Constitutional rights
- Problem-solving for continuous departmental improvement
- Continuous planning for the future
- Provide premiere public service and law enforcement services to the Worcester State community
- Engagement in extra-departmental networking to continually improve department response and service
- Continuous encouragement of community input and consideration of that input in the review of policies and procedures