Orientation Leader Reflections

February 2, 2022
AUTHOR:

Applications for summer 2023 will open in the spring. Read below to hear what some former Orientation Leaders have to say about their experience.

“I applied to be an OL because I aspired to be apart of something more on campus. The friendships and connections I’ve made during this experience are ones that I will never forget! For me, applying to be an OL was a huge step out of my comfort zone, so if that’s what’s stopping you, I would 100% encourage you to take the leap- you won’t regret it and you’ll love the person you finish the program as!” 

Amanda Brodeur, Class of 2023

“I became an Orientation Leader because I have always had a strong desire to help others, and by being an OL you are given the opportunity to be some of the most helpful role models that the incoming freshman have in many ways through their transition from high school to college! There has been no greater experience that I have ever had in life than being an orientation leader. From the tight-knit friendships you create with the other orientation leaders to the connections you make with the incoming first years, there is truly no way I could ever pick one favorite part! If you’re even thinking about it, just do it. Never let the fear of rejection stand in the way of a great opportunity. I promise you that you will never look back on your decision to apply and regret it. “

Erin Kruse, Class of 2022

I wanted to become an OL to be more involved with the campus community and found it to be a great way to also improve my leadership skills. I loved the routine that we developed over the summer and I also loved meeting incoming freshmen and getting to know incoming students in a more intimate and comfortable environment. Consider applying no matter what your major is. Leadership skills are important to develop regardless of your future goals. I am a biology major and I initially thought that it wouldn’t be to my benefit to apply at first because it wasn’t related to anything I wanted to achieve for the future. But the skills I learned from this job are relevant to anything I plan to go into in the future. “

Imane Samari, Class of 2022

“My favorite part of being an OL was being able to make so many new friends with my fellow orientation leaders. Everybody becomes super close and you get to make friends that will last a lifetime! Being an OL is a great way to meet new people from WSU who you may never have met otherwise.”

Marissa Luchini, Class of 2022
AUTHOR: