Student Spotlight: Aiden Bourdeau

October 24, 2022
AUTHOR:

Aiden Bourdeau, from Millbury, MA, is a sophomore double majoring in Theatre and Communications. Aiden is currently the President and Founder of the new Drag Club, Vice President of Almost Off Book, and Outreach Coordinator of the LGBTQ+ Alliance.

Aiden Bourdeau

How did you get involved in campus life? What advice would you give to students who haven’t yet found their place on campus? I got involved by putting myself out there and stepping out of my comfort zone. I found events that seemed like I’d have fun at them so I went! I also decided to start my own club so I could find people with similar interests and create a safe place!

How do you think you’ve changed as a leader throughout your time at WSU, and what aspects of your experience most influenced this change? I have learned to become much better at planning and being on top of my schedule, and I’m also much more organized. The process of starting a club helped open my eyes to being more organized and planning out my schedule more .

What is the biggest lesson you have learned when it comes to leadership? I have learned to open myself to others’ ideas and styles. I tend to have my blinders up with ideas and I’m very particular, so learning to be open to others ideas has been a big lesson. There’s nothing wrong with getting help!

What would you say has been your best experience here at WSU? Starting a club! Starting a club has been so much fun and has opened me to so many opportunities. 

What advice would you give to students who are just beginning to explore the type of leader, or the type of person, they hope to become? Put yourself out there. It’s one of the hardest things to do but it’s the most beneficial, you’re not going to meet people or have fun experiences if you stay in your comfort zone. Push yourself and try something new! 

What are your current plans for the next few years? While of course I’m focusing on school, I’m also trying to make my mark in my community. Starting Drag Club is just the beginning. I’m hoping to have Drag Club events all over campus and a lot more often. After school I’d love to pursue drag full time! The dream for me would be to be on RuPauls Drag Race so keep an eye out on your tv screens!

AUTHOR:
Tags: