Local Resources

  • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance

    During tax season, Worcester State University is the destination of choice for area taxpayers who qualify to have an Internal Revenue Service Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site file their federal and state income tax returns. We have operated a VITA program since the 1970s, and our IRS-certified VITA volunteers have filed thousands of tax returns and helped clients recoup millions in tax refunds since 2004.

    The Worcester State VITA tax program has teamed up with GetYourRefund.org to help you file your taxes online with the help of certified VITA volunteers. The process is simple:

    1. Answer a series of questions
    2. Upload tax documents
    3. Schedule a call with a certified IRS tax preparer to finalize and submit return

    Tax Assistance: Get Started Now

    Our VITA program is run by faculty advisor Michael Shamgochian, an assistant professor in the Business Administration and Economics Department.

    Other Resources

    Link Icon IRS Free File: File Your Taxes Online for Free