Congratulations to the Class of 2024

May 6, 2024

In celebration of our graduating seniors, we reached out to graduating members of our leadership programs and student organizations and asked

What advice would you give to your freshman-year self?

Emma Davis
“You’re going to make mistakes and not everything is going to go your way but it’s important to learn from them and make the most of every opportunity you have.” 

Emma Polak
If I could go back, knowing what I know now as a graduating senior, and give freshman-year me some words of advice, this is what I would want her to know.First and foremost, enjoy college. This is such a unique time in your life when you’re surrounded by people who are all in the same situation as you. Living on campus and away from home with people who are also trying to find their place in the world of college. Be brave and make new connections and friendships. Know that not all friendships will last and that’s okay, we’re all growing and changing so be forgiving of others and of yourself.

Go to class, raise your hand, ask questions, and participate. Your learning experience is so much better if you’re invested and involved. Make time to get to know your professors, they want to see you succeed. Study often and do your homework early, so you’ll have more free time to do other fun things.

There are so many fun things to do in college. Get involved on campus, try something, and try anything. There are so many clubs and student groups on campus so there truly is something for everyone. But like anything, you won’t know if you don’t try, so put yourself out there and get involved. You never know where saying yes to these opportunities will take you.

Take advantage of being in Worcester, get off campus, and explore a bit. Call home sometimes. Don’t wait until the last pair of clean underwear to do your laundry. Take care of your physical and emotional health. Take lots of pictures. Be yourself, and embrace the changes.

Most importantly, nothing lasts forever. Whatever is bad won’t always be, so keep going. But also know that whatever is good won’t always be either, so cherish those moments. Because in just four short years, you’ll be wishing you could do it all over again.”

Hannah Rose
“The advice I would give to myself as a first-year would be to expect to learn and grow a lot and embrace the fact my freshman-year self is very different from my senior-year self, in a good way.”

Kaitlin Schott
“The advice I would give freshman year self is to completely immerse yourself into campus as much as possible. Throughout my time here, my involvement went from absolutely nothing to having a job on campus, to joining one club, to senate, and then student trustee this year. If I had never taken these chances with clubs and my job, I never would have discovered how much love this campus has to offer. “

Kimberlly Matos

“Be yourself, get out of your comfort zone. There are so many cool opportunities, events, friendships (etc) that you might miss out on, so just be yourself and have an open heart and mind, you won’t regret it.”

Lizbeth Alcantra-Ruiz
“Embrace every opportunity that comes your way and do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone because that’s where you’ll grow. Cherish all the moments of your college experience, time spent with friends, and the connections you make. Work hard but make sure to have a balance between everything you love!”

Ryanne McGowan
“If I could give my freshman self advice it would be don’t be afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, embrace change, and take advantage of every opportunity you’re given. The 4 years will go by so fast so take it all in and learn and grow as much as possible. This school will truly change your life for the better in so many ways you didn’t expect.”

Tanner Renaud
“One thing I would have told my freshman self is to get involved more in leadership opportunities and clubs. There’s so much more to a college experience than just showing up for classes, doing homework, and studying all the time.”

Tien Nguyen
“You’ll never know until you try.”
Thank you to all of our seniors for their work and leadership over the years, and congratulations on your graduation!
Tags: