Choose a minor that will enhance a variety of majors
The flexible Psychology Minor allows you to investigate a broad range of interests in psychology that you can apply to your major, your career, and your life. Devise a minor that reflects your interests by taking fundamental courses and/or advanced courses spanning many different subfields, including developmental psychology, social psychology, diversity, learning and cognition, personality and abnormal psychology, biological psychology, or other subfields. If you choose to take Psychological Statistics and its prerequisite courses, you could even collaborate with faculty on their research.
provides students with a core understanding of psychology, including how the mind, brain and behavior are connected.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop experiential understanding of psychological processes
- Apply scientific methodology to solve problems
- Examine various theories to explain behavior and cognitive abilities
- Participate in faculty-led undergraduate research on topics like mental health, motivation, gender studies, immigration, culture, age, neuroscience, and memory
- Discover the relevance of psychology in your every day life, community, society, and worldwide
See the diverse career paths a degree in psychology can prepare you for
There are countless career paths for psychology students in a variety of fields.