Get to know the Urban Action Institute
The Urban Action Institute is the outreach and community action arm of Worcester State University’s Urban Studies department. The Institute collaborates with students, faculty, and community partners to address social, political, and economic injustices through field-based learning and advocacy for a more equitable city. The Institute aims to contribute to a world where the collaborative approach it embraces becomes mainstream.
Older Student Registration
Note: classes are only available for the Summer 1 session – there are no full summer classes available.
- Older Student Registration will open on: Thursday July 7, 2022 at 9am in the Registrar’s Office (on the first floor of the Shaughnessy Administration Building.)
- Watch the required Online Orientation video, posted below.
- Review the list of available classes:
- Once you have selected your course, you will need to complete the fillable Older Student Registration Packet (which includes the the Older Student Registration Commonwealth Tuition Waiver Form). Enter your information and the class(es) you want to register for. In the Method of Payment section, please type in “Older Student” on the line by “Student Name”. Save a copy of the completed registration form.
- Email the completed packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also email a scan or copy of your Massachusetts Driver’s License verifying your age. You must be a resident of Massachusetts and be over 60 to be eligible for the tuition and fee waiver*.
* If you have previously taken a course at Worcester State University using this tuition waiver, you do not need to provide documentation of your residency or age.
- Any sections ending in “S” are not available during Older Student Registration.
- Graduate and Continuing Education reserves the right to limit registration on certain evening and graduate classes.
- Audit forms are available by request after registration by emailing email@example.com and must be returned with instructor permission by the end of the add/drop period.
- Proof of completion of course prerequisites is required at the time of registration. Students will not be allowed to register for a course unless they have completed the prerequisite or its equivalent or have written departmental approval. Advanced degrees, certificates, doctorates do not replace meeting the requirement of fulfilling course prerequisites.
- List the course that you want to take first in the “course selection” area. List any alternative classes you would like to take if those are not available. Write “Alternative” next to those course titles. This will streamline the process and cut down on back and forth emails between you and the Registrar’s office.
Please watch the required orientation video (approximately 20 minutes in length):