Leadership Opportunity: Presidential Student Ambassador

February 8, 2022
AUTHOR:

Worcester State University’s Presidential Student Ambassadors promote the University at select on- and off-campus functions throughout the academic year. Learn more about the position below. Applications are now open: click here to apply!

Presidential Student Ambassadors serve as student representatives of the University at on- and off-campus events in a professional manner. They also represent the student body in the surrounding community and participate in community-services projects.

The PSA position provides a great opportunity for students network with University and community leaders, enhance their professional and social skills, and have fun working with other talented student leaders. PSAs will be trained within the following areas:

• Professionalism
  • Etiquette
  • Leadership
  • Philanthropy
  • Public Relations
  • WSU history and current University priorities

Hear from current PSAs!

During my time as a Presidential Student Ambassador, I have made meaningful connections as well as lasting friendships. I have been able to represent Worcester State at local events within the community as well as work for the President’s Office at events on campus. In addition to that, I have also been able to grow within myself as an individual. Through team-building and personal growth exercises I have been able to learn more about who I am and what it means to be a leader. My favorite part about being a PSA would have to be learning new skills surrounded by an extremely supportive team of students and staff. The Presidential Student Ambassadors is an amazing opportunity and I encourage all students to check it out!

Emma Polak

“I am a first-year PSA and this role has helped to increase my confidence in my leadership abilities while working with like-minded individuals who push me to be the best version of myself. I took this opportunity as a way to challenge myself and it has certainly paid off.”

Lizbeth Alcantara-Ruiz

This is a paid position. You can learn more about the duties of Presidential Student Ambassadors, including position goals and eligibility requirements, on their website. Applications are due March 1.

AUTHOR: