Get skills that will give you an advantage in your teaching career.
With the Communication Education Minor, you will study mass communication, public speaking, intercultural communication, and media criticism to effectively teach communication skills. Through lively, interactive classroom exchanges and hands-on learning opportunities, you will assess the role of communication in society and develop your own communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a solid understanding of the principles and practices of effective communication
- Apply critical and analytical thinking to explore issues across the discipline of communication
- Learn to share information through a variety of methods, technology, platforms, and channels
- Participate in hands-on learning across classes in video production, photography, and social media
- Discover the relevance of communication with the emergence of digital media
- Develop skills and a professional portfolio of creative works produced in the major