Get skills that will give you an advantage in virtually any career.
With the Communication Minor, you will get a strong understanding of the principles and practices of effective communication to help you build and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, citizens, and community members. You will study mass communication, media writing, social media marketing, media criticism, video production, advertising and public relations, photography, and graphic design. Through lively, interactive classroom exchanges and hands-on learning opportunities, you will assess the role of communication in society and develop your own communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a solid understanding of the principles and practices of effective communication
- Apply critical and analytical thinking to explore issues across the discipline of communication
- Learn to share information through a variety of methods, technology, platforms, and channels
- Participate in hands on learning across classes in video production, photography, and social media
- Discover the relevance of communication with the emergence of digital media
- Develop skills and a professional portfolio of creative works produced in the major