Go farther with a degree in economics.
The Economics Major will provide you with knowledge of current economic thought and will develop your understanding of the role played by economic institutions in society. In this program integrating economic theory and practice, you will be prepared to effectively participate in society as an informed citizen to promote social well-being. You will be prepared to succeed in a wide array of positions in business, government, and nonprofit organizations and will be able to successfully pursue graduate work in economics or a related field. Qualified majors will have an opportunity for honors and advanced coursework, intensive faculty interactions, national and regional competitions and activities, and economic research.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate the ability to present orally and in writing a coherent, logical economic argument grounded in economic theory
- Read and assess articles on economic topics
- Articulate orally and in writing the core economic principles, concepts, and theories that form the foundation for economic analysis and economic research
- Investigate economic issues by synthesizing, building, and using theories/models to predict the behavior of economic agents
- Evaluate economic issues and real-world problems through data analysis and the application of appropriate statistical techniques and quantitative and/or qualitative methods
Omicron Delta Epsilon, the international honor society in economics, is available to outstanding students.