Help shape the world
The Political Science Major provides more than just an academic overview of the political world around us. It equips you with the tools to be the shapers of that world through a curriculum that takes place inside and outside the classroom. A political science education at Worcester State University begins with coursework in the subfields of American government, political theory, global politics, public policy, and legal studies. You will learn about political ideas that impact society, how different political systems around the world operate, the sources of conflicts at home and abroad, the ways conflicts can be resolved, and the reasons they sometimes are not. You will also obtain a variety of hands-on experiences that will train you to be engaged citizens and prepare you for careers in politics, law, public service, campaigns, consulting, education, communications, and business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop a solid understanding of the foundations of political science
- Analyze American political structures and politics from a variety of perspectives
- Think globally and develop a rich understanding of the particularities of other countries as well as global structures and processes
- Use political theories to make sense of the world we live in
- Develop a rich and nuanced understanding of political conflict
- Observe, reflect, and partake in the political world firsthand
Why study political science at Worcester State?
Hands-on history through applied learning: Curriculum that takes place inside and outside the classroom
- Age of Empires
- Ancient Worlds
- International Relations Theory
- The United States Since 1945
- Native America
- History of Warfare
- Asian Studies
- American Immigrant History
- Foreiegn Policy
- Latin American History
- African-American History
- Cold War
- China’s Rise to Power
See the diverse career paths that a degree in History & Political Science can prepare you for.
Explore a wide range of rewarding professional opportunities with your History & Political Science Degree from Worcester State.