Help make the world a better place.
Get an introduction to the history, politics, and theories of a variety of human rights issues and social justice approaches with the Human Rights and Social Justice Minor. Topics may include the Holocaust, slavery in the Americas, the Rwandan genocide, the anti-apartheid movement, LGBTQ+ persecution/oppression/rights movement, conversion therapy in the US, climate change/water safety, Native American genocide and persecution, immigration, or voter suppression.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
- Employ quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Apply skills in critical thinking
- Apply skills in information literacy
- Display an appreciation for the interrelations among global and cross-cultural communities
- Develop a critical understanding of the U.S. experience
- Display socially responsible behavior and act as socially responsible agents in the world