Prepare to make a difference in the lives of students.
Worcester State University offers the Initial Licensure Program in Secondary School Education. Certain grade levels covered by licensure differ based on subject areas (see table below). For more information about licensure areas, please see an academic advisor from the Education Department. Students who complete the 4+ Initial License in Secondary School will earn a master’s degree in education in secondary school. The Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) is embedded in the program at various stages and must be passed for completion of the program and licensure.
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education offers initial licensure programs in the following areas in cooperation with liberal arts and sciences departments in Worcester State University:
- Teacher of Biology (8–12)
- Teacher of Chemistry (8–12)
- Teacher of Earth and Space Science (8–12)
- Teacher of English (8–12)
- Teacher of History (5–12)
- Teacher of Mathematics (8–12)
- Teacher of Spanish (5–12)