Enhance your major and get an edge in your career
Take your first steps toward a career teaching middle school. With the Minor in Middle School Education, you will prepare for initial licensure with the Massachusetts Department of Education in mathematics, English, general science, health, history, or Spanish while you develop your expertise by majoring in the subject you plan to teach. Fieldwork accompanies most of the courses in this minor and is a necessary component of the program. You will get well-rounded experience through placements with different grade levels at varied schools in urban, rural, and suburban settings. The Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) is embedded in the program at various stages and must be passed for completion of the program and licensure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop a solid understanding of the principles of education
- Explore and create curriculum
- Participate in fieldwork in a school setting
- Understand the differences of teaching various age levels
- Examine current topics and contemporary issues in the field of education
See the diverse career paths that a degree in Education can prepare you for
Explore a wide range of rewarding professional opportunities with your Education degree from Worcester State.