Enhance your major and get an edge in your career
Explore the ways a versatile background in education can round out your major and enhance your career. With the Education Studies Minor, you will discover the unique needs of students at different stages, from early childhood to secondary school, while learning the foundations of education, learning and development, curriculum, and diversity in education. This minor does not lead to initial licensure in education from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and does not require you to take the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop a solid understanding of the principles of education
- Explore and create curriculum
- Participate in fieldwork in a school setting
- Understand the differences of teaching various age levels
- Examine current topics and contemporary issues in the field of education
See the diverse career paths that a degree in Education can prepare you for
Explore a wide range of rewarding professional opportunities with your Education degree from Worcester State.