Enhance your major and get an edge in your career
Get a head start on your high school teaching career. The Minor in Secondary School Education will give you a path to initial licensure in Massachusetts while you specialize in the subject you plan to teach. Major in biology, chemistry, earth and space science, English, health, history, mathematics, or Spanish while learning the principles of educating teenagers. The program offers a balance between theory and practical experience, with practicum placements working with different grade levels in varied schools in urban, rural, and suburban settings. The Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) is embedded in the program at various stages and must be passed for completion of the program and licensure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop a solid understanding of the principles of education
- Explore and create curriculum
- Participate in fieldwork in a school setting
- Understand the differences of teaching various age levels
- Examine current topics and contemporary issues in the field of education
See the diverse career paths that a degree in Education can prepare you for
Explore a wide range of rewarding professional opportunities with your Education degree from Worcester State.