Request Housing Accommodations
Worcester State University is dedicated to making its programs, services and activities accessible to students with disabilities. As such, reasonable accommodations are made to provide students with documented disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in on-campus housing.
This Housing Accommodation procedure, which represents a collaborative effort between Residence Life & Housing, Student Accessibility Services, Counseling Services and Health Services, seeks to provide a student-focused process that allows students to apply for reasonable housing accommodations based on disability status. Housing Accommodations are based upon necessity, not a personal preference.
Students requesting a housing accommodation are required to:
- Complete the SAS Registration Form with Student Accessibility Services and attend an intake meeting (if you haven’t done so already).
- Complete and submit the Housing Accommodations Student Request Form.
- Submit a completed Housing Accommodations Licensed Professional Form (below). This form must be completed by a Licensed Professional such as a therapist or doctor who has an established relationship with the student. Students requesting an Assistance Animal should have their therapist or doctor complete the Assistance Animal Licensed Professional Form.
ASSISTANCE ANIMAL LICENSED PROFESSIONAL FORM
See Student Accessibility Services Policies for full Housing Accommodations Policy.
For returning students the deadline to request housing accommodations for the upcoming school year is February 1st.
For incoming first-year students, students returning from a leave of absence and transfers the deadline to request housing accommodations for the upcoming school year is May 31st.
While the University works to provide all students with disabilities access to University housing, the University may be limited in its ability to implement approved housing accommodation requests submitted after the deadline.
- Residential housing is not a distraction-free or reduced-distraction environment.
- A housing accommodation does not determine roommates or suite-mates.
- Students must submit a housing accommodation request each year that you wish to live on campus.