As part of the Office of Diversity, Inclusions, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity efforts to lead activities, programs and services that foster and promote a warm and safe environment for all at the university, we partner with the campus community for training and other opportunities.
These are some sessions offered to our campus partners recently, either led by our office or in collaboration with others on campus:
- Search Committee Orientation
- Campus Pride Index
- Allies Taking Action Against Bias, Discrimination & Hate: offered through Campus Conversations, to Cabinet team and Presidential Student Ambassadors.
- It’s Everyone’s Responsibility: Non-Discrimination, Civility, and Inclusivity at Worcester State: compliance training offered to new employees.
- Worcester State’s Office of Diversity, Inclusion, Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity: offered to SGA, PSA and orientation leaders.
- Intro to L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.+ for Law Enforcement: offered in partnership with the Worcester Police Department LGBTQ+ liaison.
- DEI on Campus for all Athletes
- Cultural Competencies, Microaggressions and Implicit Bias: offered as part of a guest lecture to specific graduate classes and to orientation leaders.
- Conduct/Appeal Board Member Training in Bias.
- We Speak Up – Bystander Empowerment Campaign
If you have any questions or would like to request any of the sessions listed above, or others, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some recently held programming sessions include:
- Asian Heritage Month Solidarity Event
- Racial Equity Conversations (held in Fall 2020, and Spring 2021)
- Anti-Semitism Event (held in Spring 2020)
Please visit our Office of Multicultural Affairs for current and previous Multicultural Programming opportunities.
Calendar of Events
Opportunities for training, professional development, and other ongoing programs and initiatives relating to Diversity, Inclusion, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity occur relatively frequently. These opportunities are collated in the following calendar:
Online Resources for Equity, Racial Justice and Other Training
We have gathered a number of online resources and readings for any Worcester State community member to review and pursue individually if they wish to do so. Our hope is that you will find some engaging opportunities on the links below and pursue those that may interest you and work for you, depending on your role on campus and our community. We welcome your commitment to racial justice and the pursuit of equal opportunities for all!
Academics for Black Survival and Wellness
Diversity and Resiliency Institute of El Paso
Anti-Racism Training from the Diversity and Resiliency Institute of El Paso
The Center for Racial Justice in Education (training and empowering educators to dismantle patterns of racism and injustice in schools and communities)
Dr. Kim Case’s Pedagogical Scholarship (addressing diversity-course effectiveness, inclusive classroom practices and teaching for social justice)
Articles, Reports, other Reading Resources
Building Diverse Campuses
Shared Equity Leadership
Moving Beyond Imposter Syndrome
Women of Color in Higher Education: Intersectional Stories of Microaggressions
Women of Color in Higher Education: Intersectional Stories of Microaggressions (original research)
Language of Appeasement