Career Advising for Recent Graduates
As an early alumnus (up to 5 years) you have access to one-on-one virtual or in-person meetings with a Career Advisor for general career advising, resume/cover letter review, job search support, interview prep, and graduation school support. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-929-8941 to schedule an appointment.
Job Boards and External Career Resources
- Handshake our online recruiting portal. You can use Handshake to apply for full-time and internship opportunities with companies interested in hiring Fitchburg State students.
- Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce
- North Central MA Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Indeed a large-scale search engine that allows you to see multiple opportunities on one site. Indeed enables you to search for jobs posted on thousands of websites by aggregating them all on one site. Employers post jobs directly on Indeed.
- Idealist lists jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities in the nonprofit sector. Remember there are many opportunities in a variety of areas within the world of nonprofit. While you might be looking for marketing or legal opportunities, for instance, they might be available within nonprofit companies. No matter your major, consider using Idealist to search for opportunities.
- LinkedIn Jobs leverage the world’s largest professional network to connect with opportunities.
- ZipRecruiter an online employment marketplace that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered smart matching technology to actively connect millions of employers and job seekers. Over 700 employers in the US, Canada and U.K. and Israel.
- Glassdoor offers millions of the latest job listings, combined with a growing database of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives.
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with current Worcester State students on a career panel or in mock or informational interviews, please let us know email@example.com
Does your current employer offer internship and job opportunities? Consider connecting our current students to those opportunities by sharing them with us. To share an internship or job opportunities at your company please click on our career platform, Handshake. Reach out to Michelle Kaelin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.