A decision to close or delay opening Worcester State University will generally be made by 5:30 a.m. by the president or the president’s designee in consultation with other members of the University staff.
Notice will be given to the following outlets:
- Email: All …@worcester.edu email addresses
- Website: homepage and the Student Portal
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterStateUniversity
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/worcesterstate
- Text message: you can optionally receive a text message by adding your mobile number to the Emergency Response Notification system
Important: Please do not call the University Police to find out if the university is open, closed, or delayed as this ties up the phone line for emergency calls.
Broadcast stations listing WSU closures
(insert table here)
Closure during normal office/class hours*
If, during normal office/class hours on a work/class day, the president or her/his designee determines that the University should be closed due to an incident or inclement weather, all offices will be notified of the time and duration of cancellation of normal activity. Normal routine will be expected to commence on the next regular class/work day, unless notified otherwise.
*Normal hours are defined as Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m