Inclement Weather Policy
A decision to close or delay opening Worcester State University will generally be made by 5:30am by the president or the president’s designee in consultation with other members of the University staff.
Notice will be given to the following outlets:
- Email: All …@worcester.edu email addresses
- Website: A red-colored alert box in the site header on every page
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterStateUniversity
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/worcesterstate
- Text message: you can optionally receive a text message by adding your mobile number to the WSU Alert system
Important: Please do not call the University Police to find out if the university is open, closed, or delayed as this ties up the phone line for emergency calls.
Broadcast stations listing Worcester State closures
|Radio Stations||Television Channels|
|WSRS 96.1 FM||WBZ|
|WTAG 580 AM||WCVB|
|WTAG 94.9 FM||WHDH|
|WRKO 680 AM||WFXT FOX Boston|
|WBZ 1030 AM||WLVI|
|WCRN 830 AM||WSBK|
Closure during normal office/class hours
If, during normal office/class hours* on a work/class day, the president or her/his designee determines that the University should be closed due to an incident or inclement weather, all offices will be notified of the time and duration of cancellation of normal activity. Normal routine will be expected to commence on the next regular class/work day, unless notified otherwise.
*Normal hours are defined as Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm.