M - F 7 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Mail Center staff pickup and drop-off mail at the USPS branch and make on-campus rounds each day.
For specific questions about deliveries, postage as well as available discounts to meet your needs, please contact us.
Some of what we do
- Process Student Package Receipt and Pickup. Students expecting packages are notified via their Worcester State email when packages arrive and will need to bring their Worcester State OneCard ID to validate for pickup.
- Process incoming mail for faculty and staff.
- Daily mail pickup and delivery to various off-campus locations and USPS.
- Delivery of office supplies.
- Delivery of large and “upon request” Publications & Printing Services jobs.
- Distribution of on campus flyers and notices.
- Daily delivery of Worcester State purchases from Central Receiving & Stockroom.
- Process presort bulk mailings and delivery via the Shrewsbury BMEU.
- Assist with packing (personal and business) large items via USPS (i.e. boxes, bubble wrap, addressing)
- Address services envelopes/labels (batches 25 or more) with lists generated by UTS Information Technologies.
- Sale of USPS postage using the Worcester State OneCard ID (Common Funds).
- Post personal mail/packages using the Worcester State OneCard ID (Common Funds).
- Provide inter-office “confidential” envelopes upon request.
The Mail Center staff provides addressing and stuffing of envelopes for mailing that are 25 pieces or larger. Our envelope printing can print the addresses directly on most size envelopes. Our mail processing machine is able to stuff an envelope with 2 8½ x11 sheets of paper and an insert. All other stuffing can be done by hand utilizing our work-study students. For more information on this service or to schedule the service, contact us at WSU_MailCenter@worcester.edu.
As an ongoing effort to reduce mailing costs, the Mail Center encourages the campus community to use inter-office mail when sending employees’ mail. We maintain an active list of all employees and the departments they work in and can print this information on flyers, small booklets and most sizes of envelopes. We can also print this information on address labels to be used on those odd size pieces. Each time you use this service instead of sending them via the post office to their homes you save the University over $500 in postage costs. For more information on this service or to schedule the service, contact us at WSU_MailCenter@worcester.edu.
Delivery of Printed Material from Publications & Printing Services of your finished print jobs are performed as requested (when you submitted your job request). When you/your department receive the material a delivery slip signature is required. For other delivery requests (non P&P) please email WSU_Stockroom@worcester.edu.
Pre-sort mail is a mailing that is 500 pieces or more for first class mail and 200 pieces or more for Standard or Nonprofit mail that has been presorted by zip codes.
The Mail Center can address, stuff and presort these mailing by utilizing our SmartMailer software in conjunction with our envelope printer and DocuMatch mail processing machine. The postage savings for using the presort option ranges from 8 cents per letter for First Class to 31 cents per letter for nonprofit. We can utilize this option on a variety of mail pieces, such as booklets, self mailers, calendars and post cards. In FY19 the University saved over $200,000 on postage by using these presort options.
For more information on this service and to find out if your mailing meets Post Office regulations contact us at WSU_MailCenter@worcester.edu.
M - F 7 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.